Clear photos are important to better ensure the maximum reward for your receipts! Here are some tips to help you take quality photos of receipts:
- Lay the receipt down flat with as few wrinkles as possible in a well lit area and try using only neutral backgrounds to lay your receipt on.
- Line up the edges of the receipt with the lines shown on the screen.
- Let the camera focus correctly before taking a picture or tap the screen to focus the picture manually. If you tap the screen to focus, only tap over text on the receipt to make sure your camera focuses on that text.
- Take up to 9 pictures in one upload if necessary for long receipts, but be sure to check that all the photos are clear before submitting.
- Remember to take photos of long receipts in sections from top-to-bottom rather than taking a single photo from very far away. For double-sided receipts, be sure to capture both sides individually starting from the front side.
Also remember that for a receipt to qualify for rewards, your uploaded picture(s) must include the following in clear and unaltered form:
- Store name
- Items purchased with prices
- Total purchase amount
- Purchase date
For example, receipts with unidentifiable store names, missing the purchased items entirely, or receipts that are cut off or simply too faded in any of those 4 areas will not be rewarded.