As a user of our service, you have the right to request that your data be deleted. As keepers of user data, we have a legal responsibility to verify a user’s identity prior to taking action on any privacy request - whether it be access or deletion.
To accomplish this, we will ask specific questions that would have been asked when you completed in the introductory questionnaire. These three specific questions are asked specifically because only the user who completed the questionnaire would know the answers and they are not available to see anywhere in the app
To request data deletion, please do the following:
- Go to the Questions and Feedback Section in the Settings Page of the Receipt Hog App
- Create a new user support request
- Under Select a Topic choose Data Privacy (CCPA & GDPR)
- Under Subject: Data Deletion Request
- In the Description field: please put the answers to the following 3 questions:
- What is the mailing address you provided on the introductory questionnaire?
- What is your Date of Birth?
- What was the highest level of education completed you provided on the introductory questionnaire?
If we’re unable to verify your information based on the answers you provide, you just can’t remember or you refuse to provide the information, we’ll follow up with the next steps on verifying user identity.
Note: If you request Data Deletion, this will also result in the closure of your Receipt Hog account. We cannot delete data without closing your Receipt Hog account.