Follow these steps to upload paper receipts:
- Tap the Camera icon on the Home tab or Receipts tab
- If you haven’t already, allow Receipt Hog access to your device’s camera
- Place your receipt on a flat surface
- Starting with the very top of the receipt, align the edges of the receipt with the RECEIPT EDGE labels
- Tap on the blue button at the bottom to take a photo of the receipt
- If your entire receipt didn’t fit in one photo, move the camera down and capture another photo of the next section
- Ensure that you have clearly captured the store name, transaction total, transaction date, and all items purchased on the receipt
- Once you’ve captured the entire receipt, tap Done to submit it for processing
Additional tips for uploading paper receipts:
- Long or Double Sided Receipts? We got you covered here.
- If you have multiple receipts to submit, make sure you tap Done after each photo in order to keep them separate. We won’t be able to properly process multiple receipt images in the same submission.
- Lay the receipt down flat with as few wrinkles as possible in a well lit area, and try using only neutral backgrounds to lay your receipt on.
- Line up the edges of the receipt with the lines shown on the screen.
- Let the camera focus correctly before taking a picture or tap the screen to focus the picture manually. If you tap the screen to focus, only tap over text on the receipt to make sure your camera focuses on that text.
To qualify for rewards your receipt uploads must contain the following in clear & unaltered form:
- Store name
- List of Items Purchased with Prices
- Transaction Total
- Date of Transaction
Receipts with ambiguous store names, missing the purchased items entirely, or receipts that are cut off/too faded in any of those 4 areas will not be rewarded.